Ministry Of Defence
AS NAVIK (General Duty)
10+2 Entry – 01/2020 Batch
Application will be Accepted ”Online” From 26th August to 1st September 2019
ADVERTISEMENT OF NAVIK(GD) – 01/2020 BATCH
Applications are invited from male Indian nationals possessing educational qualifications and age as prescribed below, for recruitment to the post of Navik (General Duty) in the Indian Coast Guard, an Armed Force of the Union.
- Educational Qualification.
10+2 passed with Maths and Physics from an education board recognized by Central/State Government with minimum 50% aggregate marks. (5% relaxation in minimum cut off will be given for CYST candidates and outstanding sports personnel of National level who have obtained 1st 2nd or 3rd position in any field sports events at the Open National Championship/ Inter state National Championship. This relaxation will also be applicable to the wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service).
Minimum 18 Years and maximum 22 years i.e. born between 01 Feb 1998 to 31 Jan 2002 (both dates inclusive). Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates.
- Pay. Perks and Others Benefits.
On joining Indian Coast Guard, you will be placed in Basic pay of Rs. 21700/-(Pay Level-3) plus Dearness Allowance and other allowances based on nature of duty/place of posting as per the prevailing regulations.
- Promotion and Perquisites.
(a) Promotion prospects exist upto the rank of Pradhan Adhikari with pay scale Rs. 47600/- (Pay Level 8) with Dearness Allowance. Promotion to the Officer cadre is subject to suitability and performance
(b) Other Benefits:
(i) Free Ration and clothing as per the existing rules. Free medical treatment for self and family including dependent parents.
(ii) Government accommodation for self & family on nominal license fee.
(iii) 45 days Earned leave and 08 days Casual leave every year with Leave Travel Concession (LTC) for self, family and dependent parents as per Government rules
(iv) Contributory Pension Scheme and Gratuity on retirement
(v) Canteen and various loan facilities
(vi) ECHS medical facilities after retirement.
How To Apply
(i) The Name of the Candidate, Father and Mother’s name and date of birth should be mentioned as per 10th class certificate
(ii) Indicate exact percentage of 12th class up to two decimals and this is not to be rounded off.
(iii) Filling up of information like personal email ID and Mobile number of the candidate are compulsory. The date, time and Center of the written examination and other information will be informed through Coast Guard Recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
(iv) The application provides choice of only One Control for examination. The candidate is to choose Center from the list mentioned against each state to which he belongs to
(i) Select the advertisement for Recruitment of Naviks (10+2 Entry) 01/2020 Batch
(ii) Select the post applied for- Navik General Duty
(iii) Click on the I Agroo’ button and the ‘Online Application will be displayed (iv) Proceed to fill up the application (All Star (*) marked entries are compulsory and to be filled}).
(v) Candidatos havo to upload the photograph and signature in jpeg format (image quality 200 dpi). To sizo of photograph and signature must be between 10 kb to 40 kb and 10 kb to 30 kb respectively.
(vi) On completion of filling application, check your filled details once again prior clicking on the Submit button.
(vii) On successful submission of the online application a unique Application/ Registration number will be provided to the candidate. Candidates must note down this application number for future reference and for retrieval/ reprint of e admit card. Applicants to take print out of the e-admit card through URL https://ioinindiancoastauard.gov.in/reprint.aspx from 17-23 Sep 2019 only post short listing of the online application. For candidates NOT meeting the eligibility criteria a Rejection Slip, giving the cause of rejection with the Application Number will be displayed. Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks for a particular examination Center
(viii) Candidates are required to bring 03 copies of system generated e-admit card having allotted roll number with latest identical color passport size photographs with Blue background (Not older than one month) pasted and signed at the bottom of application form against space provided for the signature. Candidates shall bring all original documents and keep one application form ready along with photocopies of all documents attested i.e. class 10th pass certificate and mark sheet, class 12th pass certificate and mark sheet showing subjects, caste certificate wherever required and domicile certificate of their respective state for submission at the examination Center on the date of examination. Any candidate who does not carry all these documents at the time of recruitment shall not be permitted to appear in the written examination.
Filling of multiple applications will result in cancellation of all applications.
Selection ProcedureThe Online Applications will be sorted out Center wise. The conduct of test is planned during the month of Sep Oct 2019. The Selection procedure is as follows:
- Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks for a particular examination Center.
- The qualifying cut off percentage(%) of a particular Centre may be increased if more number of applications with higher percentage is received.
- The written examination will be of objective type, which will generally cover subjects such as Maths, Physics, basic Chemistry, knowledge of English upto 12th standard, general knowledge, current affairs, quantitative aptitude and reasoning Continued etc.
- Those who qualify written examination will undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and the testing procedure will take about 2 days. Physically Challenged candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination.
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT):
PFT will be conducted for all those who qualify the written tests. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk. All candidates are advised to be in possession of sport rig (Shoe. T-shirt, Trouser etc). The PFT consists of: (i)1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes.
(ii) 20 Squat ups (Uthak Baithak).
(ii) 10 Push up.
- Based on the performance in the written examination, candidates will be shortlisted for initial recruitment medical examination (Preliminary) in a ratio as may be decided by the Indian Coast Guard.
- The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all the tests depending upon the available vacancies. The Zone wise select list of candidates will be displayed in the Indian Coast Guard Website www.joinindian coastguard.gov.in in the month of Jan 2020. Mere declaration of fit in initial medical examination does not indicate selection of the candidate for the final medical at INS Chilka.
List of Documents.Scrutiny of documents for eligibility will be carried out prior commencement of the written examination. Candidates are therefore required to appear at the examination Center with the following documents:
- Three copies of pre-filled online e-admit card with latest photograph affixed
- Two copies of application form
- Original Class 10th pass certificate and mark sheet
- Original Class 12th pass certificate and mark sheet. (12th class aggregate marks shall be calculated as best 7 highest five including Physics & Mathematics as mandatory subject).
- Candidates who are perusing higher education can submit self attested photo copies of 12th class marks sheet and pass certificate. Candidates perusing higher education are also required to produce duly signed certificate by head of Registrar/Chancellor clearly indicating list of original certificate held. Provisional pass certificate (12th class ) will be accepted in case state boards are late in issue of original certificates, subject to production of original pass certificate at INS Chilka before induction in Indian Coast Guard.
- Original Caste certificate (if applicable) of their respective state issued by Tehsildar/Sub District Magistrate / District Magistrate.
- Original Caste (if applicable Income certificate for EWSs (Economically Weaker Sections) as per Govt. of India format (No other format will be entertained available on ICG website.
- Domicile certificate of their respective state. However, in case of candidates from Assam, a Permanent Residential Certificate (PRC) as issued by Govt. of Assam or similar certificate by district administration, in lieu of standard domicile certificate will be accepted for the purpose of appearing in written examination/ PFT/Initial Medicals. However, candidates from Assam has to produce a domicile certificate before induction at INS Chilka.
- Proof of identity such as passport, driving license, Aadhar card/ voter card, Pan card, School College ID card or any other photo identity proof
- In case of reserved category applicants, availing aga/percentage relaxation, either Current or permanent address of online application should be same as the address mentioned in caste/category certificate (SC, ST Income certificate for EWSS (Economically Weaker Sections) Further in.code of OBC the category certificate should not be more than 3 financial Years old and for such cases renewed fresh certificate to be produced shall be in originales DSL. Govt. of India format (No other format will be entertained)
- Ten recent colour passport size photographs with Blue background
Note: The date of issue of all documents has to be 01 Sep 2019 or any date prior to 01 Sep 2019 (closing date of application).
Candidates not in possession of abovo documents will not be permitted to appear in written examination. Original educational certificates will be returned after verification. If any variations found in application at the time of verification, the candidature of the applicant will be cancelled. Qualified candidates to submit ono copy of all documents at the examination Center.
Selection of candidates is based on the order of merit depending on their performance in Written Test, Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in the Medical Examination.
- (a) Medical examination will be conducted by authorised Military Doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to Enrolled Personnel on entry
- (b) Height Minimum height 157 cms. Reduction in height for candidates from hilly areas and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Govt. orders
- (c) Chest Should be well proportioned. Minimum expansion 5 cms
- (d) Weight Proportionate to height and age + 10 percentage acceptable.
- (e) Hearing Normal Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.
- (f) Visual Standard. 6/6 (Better Eye) and 6/9 (Worse Eye). (Candidates using glasses are not eligible).
- (g) Tattoo. Permanent body tattoos are not permitted on any part of the body However, certain concessions are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal areas communities as declared by the Govt. of India. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand. Details in this regard are available on the Indian Coast Guard Recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in.
Note: Candidates with above Medical standards are only to appear for the selection. No waiver will be given for the above standards. The Coast Guard order on medical standard of Naviks will be the final authority in case of dispute. Applicants declared permanent medically unfit by any Armed Forces Hospital in previous recruitment for the same entry in Indian Coast Guard are advised not to apply
Final Enrolment Medical Examination:
Initial Medical Examination for recruitment will be considered only “Provisionally fit subject to fitness in the final medical examination.” Final Medical Examination of all selected candidates will be done at INS Chilka. Candidates, who are NOT found medically fit in the final medical examination at INS Chilka, will NOT be enrolled for training. “An Appeal” is permitted for medically unfit candidates after the final enrolment medical examination at INS Chilka and will be given an opportunity to appeal against the findings if they so desire at INHS Kalyani Visakhapatnam within a maximum period of 21 days or as decided by INS Chilka. The candidate will travel to INHS Kalyani and back on their own expense for Appeal Medical Examination
TraningThe basic training will commence in Feb 2020 at INS Chilka followed by sea training and professional training in the allotted trade. Branch/trade will be allocated as per the requirement of service and performance during basic training Naviks are liable to be discharged as UNSUITABLE due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the training.
- (a) Candidates withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any other service training establishments are not eligible to appear
- (b) Candidates should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.
- (c) Original certificates should not be attached with the application form. Indian Coast Guard will not take responsibility for loss of original certificates, if attached with application Photo should be pasted and not stapled. Attestation made on the backside of the photo will not be entertained
- (d) Request for change of examination Centre/date will not be entertained .
- (e) All original certificates and mark sheets produced at the time of writton tost will be returned to candidate post verification.
- (f) The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final select list cannot claim admission for the next batch. These candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided that they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch
- (g) Applications received by post will not be accepted.
- (h) Call letter for final medical examination for enrolment in the Coast Guard will be forwarded only to initial medically qualified candidates in the select list. Such candidates will be required to reach the training establishment at their own expense. Unsuccessful candidates will not be intimated separately
- (i) No enquiry will be entertained regarding recruitment/enrolment after a period of six months.
- (j) Indiscipline activities including copying/malpractice etc. during the testing procedures will also result in disqualification.
- (k) The application and the original documents will be further scrutinised for eligibility prior to enrolment and may be rejected if found not eligible in any respect at any stage of recruitment
- (l) It may also be noted that minimum percentage of marks for eligibility at Para 2 may be increased depending upon number of candidates applying.
- (m) Candidates from “Open Schools” institutes not recognised by Govt./AICTE are not eligible
- (n) In case of more number of candidates applying for one Centre, a few candidates may be allotted to any other Centre. Candidates with higher marks will be allotted their first choice only .
- (p) Use of Mobile phones and other modern electronic gadgets are not permitted during examination. Coast Guard considers such possession as adopting unfair means. If any candidate is caught with Mobile, Bluetooth, any kind of scanning equipment during examination hours immediately action as per law including filling FIR will be initiated
- ( q) Coast Guard cannot guarantee the safe keeping of any electronic devices Candidate will not be allowed to go to toilet or leave examination venue Hall for any reasons after the commencement of the written examination.
- (r) All candidates will be frisked prior entering into examination venue
- (s) All candidates are requested to be watchful and immediately bring to notice of invigilator of any suspicious action by any of the candidates.
Travel ExpensesSC/ST candidates, who are not employed by the Central/State Government, will be reimbursed ordinary 2nd class fare by train/ Govt. bus/steamer charges as per central government regulations by the shortest route if the home station is beyond 30 kms from the place of testing on production of original tickets
DisclaimerThe terms and condition given in this advertisement are subject to change and should therefore be treated as guidelines only. Details are also available on Indian Coast Guard website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in Candidates to see Coast Guard Recruitment Website for update. This is an indicative advertisement only
CAUTIONSELECTION IN INDIAN COAST GUARD IS FAIR AND ON MERIT BASIS CANDIDATE SHOULD NOT FALL PREY TO UNSCRUPULOUS PERSONS POSING AS RECRUITMENT AGENTS. FOR COMPLAINT AGAINST SUCH PERSONS CANDIDATE MUST APPROACH THE DIRECTOR (RECRUITMENT) COAST GUARD HEADQUARTERS, RECRUITMENT CENTER, NOIDA ON TELEPHONE – 0120 2975817.